Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Yummylicious Pumpkin Pie

The pumpkin pie that I was suposed to bake last night to satisfy my little princess's craving for "something with pastry around it" to put it in her own words! But this mama was just too tired last night, so made the effort this afternoon instead. Turned out well, as you can see....
The first slice just had to go to Iman, of course! I've made pumpkin pies so many times before but this particular recipe called for a caramel mixture consisting of chopped walnuts, brown sugar & melted butter to be pressed onto the base of the pastry before pouring in the pumpkin filling. I'm used to sprinkling the streusel mixture on top of the filling before baking, so this was interesting. Just wanted to check out the kids reaction to this version.... Well, they loved it!
The little missy enjoying her slice! She gave it the thumbs up. Made the effort all the more worthwhile.. I'll blog the recipe tomorrow for my good friends out there who love baking or who like my wonderful friend, Chica want to attempt to bake one day. Highly therapeutic activity this, luv. Good for the body (ERRR, sometimes!) but great for the SOUL. It's about creating something that tastes good for everyone to enjoy, therein lies the joy, for me. Evie would know that this recipe came from the latest Taste Of Home magazine that she so lovingly subscribes for me year in, year out! One of my favs! Thanks sis!!

No comments: