Monday, January 08, 2007

When she cries....

My poor little baby came home from school crying today because some bully had tripped her as she played during recess. Scrapped her left knee pretty badly too. Many tears, kisses & cuddles later, she's finally settled down and let me clean the wound and put some antiseptic on it. Looks like yours truly will be headed to Iman's school tomorrow to paddle the bottom of that little tyke who tripped my baby!

It's tough when my baby cries...

Meant for a totally different kinda baby this song, but as I was going through my CD collection today I found 2 of my fav albums GONE! My Dr Hook & one Scorpion cd have vanished. Looks like I'll have to turn the house upside down tomorrow! I'll just have to beat that poltergeist at it's own game! Meantime, enjoy this song and the voice of Mr. Eyepatch, Ray Sawyer. Love his voice.....ooooh.

UPDATE On my vanished cds-FOUND on 10th Jan. by Joe, my precious son - whom I thought could never find anything even if it was right under his nose without hollering for me! Those cds and more-the ones I never missed but were actually MIA as well! Must be the over zealous cleaning for Raya! Thanks Joe, Mwahs 10x






7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooh, the miserable fellow! The thing with bullies is that if you don't stand up to them, they will always pick on you ... hope he gets punished severely! You come down like the wrath of God on him!

Schools are pretty strick about bullying over here but the thing that gets me is that even if you are the victim and you throw a punch, you get suspended as well. But I've told TOP that if ever she was in physical danger, to fight back as hard as she could and that we would take care of the consequences.

Don't want our little angels to be victims!

podgykat said...

Yup, those little bullies are everywhere-I asked Iman if she saw who did it,but she said by the time she got off the floor, the person had fled! I can imagine how she must've cried for me; she's still sleeping after all the excitement of yesterday. I'm just keeping her at home today to let her knee heal a little. Tomorrow I'm off to the school to have a talk with the teacher/principal. We teach our kids about safety at play and not to be mean to one another but my guess is that some parents are just not bothered. That's why there are bullies even in primary 1! 7 years ols and they're already at it, can you imagine why kind of adults they'll grow up to be?

I've taught Iman the same thing-to fight back and not cry when a bully comes a-calling! Who in their right mind would just stand there and let someone rain blows on them? You're right, who cares about suspension at a time like that? That's what parents are for-to protect our own!

Badly in need of another cup of coffee! toodles.

Anonymous said...

Wow! two mum's on the warpath, watch out world!!.

Poor Iman. Sometimes I wonder if teaching the young ones to be kind and merciful to others is really worth it or not, when you have bullies around.

Parents should monitor their children and teach them good values, small wonder the world is in the state its' in isn't it?.

This issue about bullies has been around for ages, seems the cycle keeps repeating itself, when bullies grow up and become parents and have children who become like them, in the end who is really to be blamed?, the child or the parents, or worse still society for allowing this to go on?.

Who in their right mind would just stand there and let someone rain blows on them? you ask. Sweetie, when you are scared and have no where to run what choice do you have, especially when it happens suddenly and you have no time or chance to react.

Next step teach our kids to kick them in the jollies, so that the circle of life ends with the bully. Hahahahahahahaha.

Coffee time

podgykat said...

Uncle Ray, good advice there, about kicking them you-know-where! Hahaha. Actually Iman has already been taught to do that by her good ole bro Joe, ok! All in the name of self-defense.......Hope you had nice coffee break.

arty farty diva said...

What a nasty fall it must have been. Luckily she didn't hurt her head or back. Yah..you go girl, give that little horror a taste of his own medicine. Sheesh!

podgykat said...

Thanks AFD, yes I was at school this morning, but the other little girl who was playing with her also didnot catch a glimpse of the culprit. I'll head to the principal's office at4pm when I pick Iman up from school just to let her know of the incident and to maybe say a few words during assembly so that the tyke won't try it on anyone else too. If I find out who it is, definitely I'll talk to him/her. There's been incidents of bullying in school that have gone to such distressing levels that it just needs intervention from both parents & teachers. I'll blog my next piece on experiences my friends & I have had with school bullies!

CypheR said...

i find it amusing when something like this comes up and the parent of the 'guilty' child will always argue that their childs actions were justified.


well..you cant fix stupid. haha.