This picture must have been taken sometime in 1974! I was in Form 1 and Evelyn & her mates shown here were in Form 3. What I was doing in 'their' pic I can only imagine! I must have pushed my way through there..(sorry Evelyn) She had to put up for awhile there with a younger sister who followed her around like a puppy dog! Geez, younger sisters could be such a pain in the sides sometimes...hehehe. The good thing is after all these years, I can still recall all the names of the girls in this pic! Well, let's just wait up for Evelyn to identify them. They were after all her regular hangout mates. Checkout the length of those skirts, mate. Would get you into trouble if you turned up for school with skirts that length nowadays. Back then, it was the fashion. I remember boys going around with those round sharpeners that had mirrors on them trying to look up some girls skirt ! We girls were always on the lookout... There were voyeurs back then too! Ala the 70's though!
Friday, January 26, 2007
The Skinny Legs Brigade
This picture must have been taken sometime in 1974! I was in Form 1 and Evelyn & her mates shown here were in Form 3. What I was doing in 'their' pic I can only imagine! I must have pushed my way through there..(sorry Evelyn) She had to put up for awhile there with a younger sister who followed her around like a puppy dog! Geez, younger sisters could be such a pain in the sides sometimes...hehehe. The good thing is after all these years, I can still recall all the names of the girls in this pic! Well, let's just wait up for Evelyn to identify them. They were after all her regular hangout mates. Checkout the length of those skirts, mate. Would get you into trouble if you turned up for school with skirts that length nowadays. Back then, it was the fashion. I remember boys going around with those round sharpeners that had mirrors on them trying to look up some girls skirt ! We girls were always on the lookout... There were voyeurs back then too! Ala the 70's though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
TOP must definitely not see those hemlines! Those were quite modest for those days (and that was a Catholic school too!).
Of course I remember the "gang," L-R of pix; Gemma, Edith, me, you, Maliha and Jo.
I don't think I thought anything of you tagging along ... you were always part of my landscape. Do you have the pictures of you with Edith, Maliha, Jo and me at the grounds in Three Rivers? No skinny legs in these pictures ... just jeans.
Let me know if you don't and I will scan them for you.
has the TOP viewed this pic? Is she still ROTFL? I don't think I have that pic that you mentioned anymore! But I remember taking them.. have the one with you in black pants with a cow(yes!)grazing at yr back though! We were so close to nature & its creatures back then! All those fishes, tadpoles etc that we used to catch in the drains; I remember Nanny screaming for those bamboo colanders to be brought back! Thank goodness none of us ever suffered from E coli poisoning!
Please do scan those pics for me!
I just emailed you the group one. I could have sworn I had more ... if I had any energy, I'd go hunt for them but not tonight.
Yup, TOP got to see the picture. She wanted to see pictures of Eleanor and then snooped through all the postings.
I don't remember the one with the cow ... probably a good thing.
We had fun and we survived to laught about it all.
Thanks TOPM, received the pics-I remember that tea we had with all your colleagues-temporary teachers at at St. Patrick's and also Cikgus Azman & Manap! I know it was just before I left for Form Six! I have a pic of Azman wearing the kenyah headgear(that was dad's) handing ome something or other and I was laughing like crazy..I'll go a hunting this weekend myself! Gotta go check on my sour cream pound cake soon! Had some leftover sour cream and spied that recipe for the yuletide pound cake in the TOH, decided to bake! Just added some walnuts & raisins to mine..Hehe.
More pics later, so incredibly tired, cos Iman's allergic rhinitis is keeping us up these few nights, the poor dear!
Post a Comment