Thursday, January 04, 2007

My Heart Song - Yeha Noha

Here's a wonderful native american song for you folks who stop by my blog. I wanted the first song that I blogged this year to be something special. My heart tells me this one is! May the chants of happiness and prosperity shower bounties of untold proportions on all who listen to this heart song!





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where do you find these songs? If you ever come here, I'll take you to an Indian Pow-Wow. Took Sarah to several Pow-Wows when she was younger ... they always thought she was one of them!

When her summer camp took the kids to do pottery at the Mattapponi Indian Reservation, one of the little girls on the reservation asked Sarah whether she lived there ... TOP was quite taken aback ... don't know why since she is always asked all kinds of questions about her background.

Since Jamestown is celebrating its 400th anniversary this year, I'm sure that there will be lots of Indian activity going on to accompany the white settlers activities. Will send you pictures if I go.

podgykat said...

Ah, you know your sis-I listen to music of all genres so when I come across a song that touches me in some way, I search and search to the ends of the earth till I get it! Maybe I was an indian squaw or something in another life, hehe. Hope Sarah wasn't too miffed at all the inquiries! I would love to witness one of those pow-wows; just tell me how to survive the long-haul flight to get there! Did Ray knock himself out cold? With tranqs? Got sloshed? Must get some tips from him!

I love the looks of indian pottery
and their hand-woven rugs. The design/colours appeal to my senses somehow. When exactly is Jamestown celebrating its anniversary? Hope it's around the time Kate & mom will there! That would be cool!

XXX

Anonymous said...

Biased reporting as usual!, I stand by my observations, you are SO biased, hahahahahahahahaha.

He aint that hot mama. LOL....

Kindly do not loosly use the word sloshed ok. Hmmmph!!!. It happened twice last year ma, after all the thought of meeting you drove me to getting sloshed.....Hahahahahahaha.

Enough with the "IDOL" worship ok.

"The mecenary"
hehehehehehe

podgykat said...

Hey Mr M, It's good I have that effect on you, hic hic! LOL Now I know just what to do so that you do not invade my territory when I'm there! hic hic....

Wishing Jolly Ms Dolly was there so that could bonk her over her H & M head but she must've been lurking in the corners somewhere-would've been pretty difficult telling her apart from the darkness anyways!! Ouch...

No idol worship here, just being truthful, OK. Ask anyone there that night especially those teeny-boppers and wannabes etc and they'd tell you Clifford's got a good voice! You wanna fight ha?

May the spirits haunt you for being mean to moi... Haha.

Anonymous said...

Oh, oh, I am not letting TOP read this ... she actually thinks her Uncle Ray is pretty cool ... tsk, tsk, tsk.

He did pretty well ... he was steady on his feet when we picked him up at the airport ... wasn't cross-eyed and was pretty coherent.

The flights are not that long anymore. I remember the 27-30 hour haul seven years ago and now it's 15-18 ... that's pretty good.

The Jamestown celebrations are all yearlong so there will be plenty to see ... I think the American Indian plan is to stage their own celebrations to kind of show the true picture of what happen when the English settlers came ... the Indian perspective. Ought to be fun.

I am not paying US$90 to catch a glimpse of Queen Elizabeth. Now if the two princes came, I might have to fork it out for TOP.

Looking forward to Kate and Mum's visit ... am painting the interior of the house ... actually John is ... the three females are supervising.