Am blogging this piece for Rocky, just to show my support in a small way in the light of the legal suit filed against him by his former paymasters, the NSTP and a few other individuals whose names I can't quite remember offhand! To find out more about the case read here.
I have not read any of the pro Rocky blogs yet, though I'm sure there are many! And I am not going to touch on any legalities/intricacies of the case because it doesnot come within my realm of expertise! LOL. I am after all only a brainless sentimental ole bimbo who bakes! :) Notwithstanding which, I will follow his case with interest and offer him support of the only kind I know; a friend's kind. His well-being will feature often in my thoughts and prayers.
I have often been accused of displaying blatant biasedness where my good friends and certain close relatives are concerned. Well I guess that is just me being ME. Though no justification of my feelings are needed; this is just a little something I want to share on where my support/good feelings for Rocky stems from. I contacted Rocky sometime in October of last year (after hopping on to his blog by chance from another!) in my quest to locate a very dear old friend. And inspite of having very little to go on except perhaps a very blurry 25 year old memory, he did not turn me down. Instead he made this sentimental ole coot extremely happy when he located this dear, dear friend for me, just before my trip to KL at that! He even agreed to meet up for coffee and some laughs with only that faded piece of memory to go on.. For all these kind gestures and more, I'm extremely grateful. So this one's for you, Rocky. From your softimental ole friend , miles & miles away but who'll be rooting for you all the way!!
Thursday, January 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
This is going to be a landmark case. May the force be with Rocky ... good wishes are going forth for a victory for him because that would benefit everyone in Malaysia. Right now he and Jeff are standing alone against odds that are stacked against them. In another place I would say that they would have a fighting chance ... in Malaysia I am afraid for them.
Pray hard ...
Yup, this case would be, won't it. Definitely will garner attention worldwide. Rooting for Rocky and wishing both the best. Guess you'll stay tuned thru the papers online and you could always hop on to Rocky's blog to get the news firsthand from the man himself. Hey, where's that pic of us on the swing, waiting... TQ xxx
Patience is a virtue :-) Been busy at home -- rearranged my cabinets last night so I could find in all my new cookware that I got at Christmas (stainless steel with copper bottoms) -- never spent so much money on cookware before. Can't wait to use them -- haven't even washed them yet, I just put them all away to make sure that they would fit.
Also, helped TOP to do the last bit of cleaning up in her room ... there wasn't any sulking this time. She's vacuuming tonight.
So, haven't been on the computer at home in a while but will send the pix this weekend.
Take care.
Yes,Rocky,our thoughts and prayers are with you. Whatever happens, I admire your courage and fortitude, so stay safe and God bless.
TOPM, waiting patiently.. :) I can imagine how busy life gets. Couldn't believe it myself when I fell asleep at 930pm last night. I could hear Iman playing around me and later felt her cuddling up etc but just couldn't prop my eyes open. Hehe. Bad. Must be that age thingy!!!
Chica, my dearest friend of all times-thanks for stopping by. Rocky must be up to his neck now with preps for the injunction which comes up for mention pretty soon. We'll be there for him; in thoughts & prayers... CNY's coming up and his NY gift's still stuck with you! Haha.
Have a great weekend you gals! Mucho Lovo fr moi.
Post a Comment