Wednesday, November 29, 2006

More kidtalk

I and "Wonderful Aunty Kate" had the pleasure of taking 3 kids between the ages of 7-8 out for lunch today. It was a little treat for Iman & her friends. Aunty Kate was going to babysit them while I was going to be busy for the rest of the afternoon with mundane stuff that the kids were not able to be part of. While in the car, three little cherubic kids did what they were best at - being loud and noisy! But listening in on their conversation was what got Kate & I all tickled. One was making a little fuss that the friend had made a boo-boo in something he said. Suddenly, this little voice rises above all the din and says-"But it's alright to make mistakes, that's how we learn!" Out of the mouth of babes!


My wishes/hopes for Iman, Mildred & Terry - when they grow up to be "real" life-sized adults, may they be as loving, wonderful & intelligent as they are now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too true. Children teach us many things about life and ourselves. All we have to do is listen.

Anonymous said...

Ya, basically children don't know how to pretend and their innocence marvel us. I like the way you put it. Very real and down to earth! without any hypocricy. Keep on writing and may be one day you have enough volume to publish a book for the public.

podgykat said...

TOPM Ahh kids- the age of innocence where honesty's just like taking a breath of fresh air! I love being around these three-they may be doing all the kid's stuff but listen closely and you might hear stuff that marvels you to no end! Mildred & Terry are Kate's nephew & niece(her sis's Tris's kids, they live a couple of lanes away)They're the moct delightful children to be around.

jinih51 I'm glad you now can post yr comments here and thrilled to bits that you have such high regards of my ramblings! Truly blesssed to have someone like you in my/our lives!

Care & love to both of you. XXXX

GerubiTuai said...

Podgeemaam..kids have taught me alot of stuff..ehhh..This old goat grew up to be a good listener after all hehehhe..but Gerubi being gerubi from the get go lah..

Happy blogging ehhh..Hmmm I hope I don't get anybody in trouble by my future blog!!