Here are some pictures of Peter and children, an old friend that I had lost touch with since 1981. He was also good friends with one of my best friends in Form 6, Tony. Since we had such a good time at our class reunion last year and the good feelings continue to spillover till today, Tony urged me to try and locate this friend. I guess since I was the official "tracker" of all the 25 people who made it to our reunion last year; he thought I'd have more luck than anybody else.
Well, luck I did have when I found out that this friend lived in the same state as my sister in the US, only a different town; about a three hour drive away actually. My sister became the major link in contacting him. Boy, were we glad he had wanted to be found! He was just as thrilled as we were; later he tells me he cried when he read a note my sis had written mentioning both our(Tony's & mine) names. He thought Tony & I were somewhere in the States.
The wonderful thing is that this year my good ole funky cousin Ray made a trip to visit my sis and family. Peter and his kids made a trip to see her and family too and to collect some reminders of home that I had gotten him. He has not been back home in ages, so I asked him if there was anything in particular that he really wanted. His request was for some CDs of iban and malay/indonesian songs. That's what he got and a little more! The CDs of iban songs I purchased for him but for the local malay/indonesian songs I once again applied my expertise at some "cetak-rompak" feat..! Haha. He was delighted at the selection so that made it all the more worthwhile..
Well, luck I did have when I found out that this friend lived in the same state as my sister in the US, only a different town; about a three hour drive away actually. My sister became the major link in contacting him. Boy, were we glad he had wanted to be found! He was just as thrilled as we were; later he tells me he cried when he read a note my sis had written mentioning both our(Tony's & mine) names. He thought Tony & I were somewhere in the States.
The wonderful thing is that this year my good ole funky cousin Ray made a trip to visit my sis and family. Peter and his kids made a trip to see her and family too and to collect some reminders of home that I had gotten him. He has not been back home in ages, so I asked him if there was anything in particular that he really wanted. His request was for some CDs of iban and malay/indonesian songs. That's what he got and a little more! The CDs of iban songs I purchased for him but for the local malay/indonesian songs I once again applied my expertise at some "cetak-rompak" feat..! Haha. He was delighted at the selection so that made it all the more worthwhile..

Peter and his children

With a little sarawakian ashtray, and there was also a "pua kumbu" patterned table runner which he tells me has pride of place on his bar counter! Ain't that sweet!
I'd better toodle off now and write that letter to Peter I was supposed to have written three months ago. Snail mail. Aduuh. GT, get him infront of that computer please!!!!!!!
James Taylor for all of my once lost but now happy to be found friends and also the friends who've always been there. May we all be friends of a better kind.






4 comments:
Podgeemaamm, aduhh when I mentioned his name in weblog hmmm I just got that funny feeling that someone was looking for him!! The last time I saw him was when he said goodbye...loooong time ago..I knew he was in Virginia, but I didn't have a chance to look when I was up there. Maybe when I get back up to that Virginia mountains I'll sneak in. I haven't heard from him since I talked to him two months ago. Funny ehhh..we all have that crazy slang..can you tell!!??Southern drawl..pronounce sahden draoul eh. Maam, I don't know why he doesn't get infront of the PC!! He is one of us lost tribe, lost Iban, in the good ole USA now. I don't have any idea when he'll be back to Malaysia..Malaysia I don't think will let him in now or just yet!!! He told me he wants to have a restaurant of his own! What's ole Tony Kulleh doin'? Where's my cetak rompak ahhh? kidding only lah..Ya..looking at that pic...I was offered twenty bucks for that ashtray not too long ago!!!
See what time it is...hahaaaa.
Cheers.
Telepathy, my dear GT, that's what it is. Happens all the time to us friends here, too. What are you doing up at this hour? I was going to do a posting for another old friend but now my little girl wants to head out to the pool to swim! But check it out later, you might recognise some faces! Hey, just let me know what kind of songs you like-the kids are now sorry they ever taught how to use hose programs! I do alot for my own viewing pleasure-you know, sometimes you you only like certain songs by a group, not all.. I do hope Peter will be able to come home one day. We'll have the welcome committee on stand-by! Be good.
Take care then!
Ah...made it before the coach turns into a pumpkin! Podgy-wodgy, thanks for the invitation. My profuse apologies for deleting your first two invitations. Hey! I have a valid excuse. How was I to know that your invitation email is not a virus-trap? Anyway, thanks for your call (now, that made me feel doubly guilty for not having stayed in touch. How long has it been? A year?? Yes, yes, yes...am guilty as charged. Dinner on me next time we meet up.)
Well, where was I? Oh, I will have you know that this is the first time ever that I have BLOGGED! You know, who coined this silly word? It's so bluddy unpalatable. No, I am absolutely certain that I do not want to know the origin of the word which may cause my partially-digested dinner to come into contact with the hand-knotted Persian silk carpet which i don't have. Anyway, I had felt compelled to write a few words in your BLOG (arrrgggghhhh!!!) - now, please let go of my arms!
I didn't realise that I would have to register blahblahblah in order to write some drivels for your leisurely reading. It was like running an obstacle race...with one leg tied behind my back.
This tiny little screen that is a poor excuse for a writing block is not helping either. I think I have already lost the thread of my BLOGGGGGG.
Oh yes, why BRAINFREEZE? That's because (1) that's the subzero condition of my cerebral matter right now..at this uncivilised hour of the night which finds me trying desperately to meet a deadline and here I am, writing rubbish for all Public Janes and Joes to grapple with (2) all the good and sexy name had been taken (3) Brainfreeze is one step towards Braindead and well, I am heading that way but not right now.
Rambling? Yes...
Good to hear from you? Yes...
Hey, Podgy-Fodgy, time for me to chew some fresh air and then back to work. Nice distraction. Will drop in once in a while to say hi.
I wish you a most enjoyable trip to KL. I wish you had told me earlier re the birthday. I could have made a special one-night stopover before I head out of the country but well, next time? It's going to be hectic for a while but I'll see if I could fly to KCH to catch up one of these days.
A happy birthday - in advance and may your birthday and the days that follow be filled with love, warmth, joy and happiness.
Mmm....my brain is mush now. Take care....happy birthday...may you have the strength and enough wind left to blow out ALL the candles!
Loves, kisses and hugs,
Ivy The Brainfreeze Blogger
Hi Brainfreeze aka Usexythang aka ivy
Hugs & muahs first of all, seeing that it's the first time you're stopping by. I sent you the URL in june when I blogged those reunion photos,(that you sadly missed & were sorely missed by moi) but looks like you must've trashed that mail too! Haha. Seeing that all yr cerebral capacities are in good-working order still, we must meet up for our biennially/trienially? girls' night out! Am sorry for informiing you too late about the small bash on the 2/12. Thanks for the wishes. All the virtual hugs & kisses are very cordially received in place of the actual. no candles for me this time around luv! getting too old for all that candle-blowing and mind you, you won't want anyone,especially them kids counting out the number of candles out loud would ya?! Bad enough everyone seems to call you aunty nowadays! I know Kris hates it! But I'm alright as long as it's the kids friends and not the visually much older vegetable seller at the market! Then grrrr; murder's on the mind....:-)
Have a good trip;but be forewarned - spitting; yes spitting, is a very public past time in those parts! I have very vivid accounts from friends who've had the utmost displeasure at encountering this despicable practice. No offence meant her luv, but can you imagine how unhygieninc it all is!(this is if you don't already know!) The other colourful encounters, I'll blog one of these days haha.
I'll be sure to have a good time in KL. You have a good trip and come back rejuvenated for more blogging! Till then my sweetest friend, check back often, there'll soon be a pic of us up-in a day or two if I have the time! Stay in touch. Much love & care & hugs! Godspeed.
Post a Comment