Monday, November 13, 2006

In Full Bloom



The cactus in the posting below,unfurled its petals at midday today. Lovely, ain't it?



While on the subject of flowers, take a listen to the song, Buy Me a Rose, by the late Luther Vandross. But first, I must relate this incident which happened maybe on Valentine's or Mother's Day of last year, I forget which. I was trying to persuade this friend (who hates the commercialisation of these events so much that he refuses to fall into the trap of buying exorbitantly priced flowers etc for his other half on these days) to just give his missus a nice surprise by gettting her some flowers. You know sometimes women like getting surprises without having to drop broad hints first. Comprende? I tell him the flowershop is right next door to his office etc, etc. Didn't know whether my powers of persuasion worked till the next day, I get an email telling me that as he hands wifey the bouquet; the response is, "macam so guilty, only? buying me flowers, for what ahh???" Hahaha. I would've turned that bouquet upside down and hung it to dry I tell you!!!!!


No comments: