Thursday, November 23, 2006

Kidtalk

Some of the best conversations I have nowadays are with my 7 year old daughter, Iman. She's still at the age where honesty comes naturally. Say it like it is! Last night, as she was getting into her jammies, it went :-

Iman: Say mom, can you tell me what are your weaknesses ?
Me : Huh?? (then teasingly) You mean like how I just love dark chocolate,coffee.....
Iman: No, not like that. Something like your fears, maybe.
Me:???Girly? Where's all this coming from?


She normally sleeps in during the school break, so when she woke up this morning and came downstairs, she found me still in my work-out togs, which was a top that ended just at midriff level and shorts :-
Iman: What's that you're wearing?
Me : My work-out togs, why?
Iman: Isn't it too small for you? Why's your tummy showing?
Me : This is what people wear when they do their exercises. When I'm all slim & trim, I'll even wear this to the park on our walks.(said in jest, ok)
Iman: (a very feeble) Ok, but if you go like that now, I don't know you alright.........

What else to do but laugh! Ahh, my little poppet. We spoil each other rotten. Some of the best compliments I get also come from her!

4 comments:

GerubiTuai said...

Podgeemaam, I am really impressed by that seven year old with regard to 'weaknesses'. 9 out of 10 adults will not admit their weaknesses!! When I was a 'GM/HRM' long time ago..one of my favourite questions at any interview!!! People won't have any problem disclosing their strengths but weaknesses hmmm head-scratching and fidgetting sik tentu ehh..specially folks here!
Hahahah..

Cheers

podgykat said...

hahaha, must've been fun for you eh. Making them fidget like monkeys! Si da' sinun pun macam ya kah? How's things? Any karaokeing/bar hoppin'? I must write to Peter soon. Any news from him? Been extremely busy with things, but still have time to blog them songs lah. Cheers.

GerubiTuai said...

Sidak sitok pun sama ehh..pandei jua ehh fidgetting. It was indeed fun but I didn't do it long enough..just two years. Uncle Peter? hmmm no voice yet. I went last weekend..jangan sik ajak bah..because ada kawan main di pentas..so I ikut pergi ajaklah..hahah..The man can sing really well..I'll make video of them next week or after.
Things are good. Sejuk dikit sitok kinek tok.

Later..cheers.

podgykat said...

How nice-how come all you guys like to sing? Tony,Gerald,Ken,Fred,Henry etc-I can't get over how well they all sing.Must get-together next time you're in the country! So we ladies will be entertained! Another reunion was supposed to be in the works; but sadly not this year. The one last year was still the best!!! Have fun.Be good.