Friday, February 02, 2007

Iman's Antics

A couple of days ago as I was getting dinner ready for the brood, there was more noise than usual in the house as little sister was chasing big brother all over with a piece of paper in her hand. Above the din of my cooking, I could catch snippets of what was going on - big brother was saying that he was not going to sign anything under duress (amidst loud urgings from the lil one) and also that lil sis, at 71/2 was well below the legal age to partake in the signings of any contracts, whatsoever. Sounded interesting, so I called the lil one over and asked to see what it was that she was forcing Big Bro to sign.. I found it so so so funny & cute, almost split my sides laughing; here's the document, misspellings and all :-



It says - "Sign this contract and we will have a xiaolin showdown who wins they get to play gameboy and watch tv and who losers get to give the winers 59RM. Then of course, where it states "winer sign hear" - Little missy has signed her named in caps on the line. "Loser sign hear' has elder bro's name on the line, but that's definitely not his handwriting! Guess whose?!


I tried to inquire from the little one (trying hard not to laugh as she's so serious about it that I don't want to hurt her feelings) on what led to the drawing up of this contract. When looking at that "59 RM" though, I somehow got an inkling of what this was all about! Well, she said she & big bro had engaged in a xiaolin showdown cushion fight the day before, and she had won! Big bro tells me that he actually 'sportingly' gave in because the game was never going to end otherwise! When she had "won" she had stated verbally to big bro the terms of the winnings she was to receive. I'm sure it was amidst playful protests from big brother, so inorder to make him commit to her terms, she decided to put it all in writing! It beats me where she got the idea from, haha. Maybe she was actually paying attention when mom was watching all those episodes of 'Law & Order' & 'Judging Amy'...Figures.. LOL

The brothers often protest that she watches too much cartoon on tv that it's hard to watch anything else, so one of the winning clauses is that the "winer" gets to watch tv (not cartoons, mind you, she's clever with the wording here!) That "59 RM" that the poor loser has to fork out is actually the price of the pokemon game chip for her gameboy that she's been hankering after for awhile now... And big brother being a lawyer in the making found it extremely hilarious at the lengths lil sis would go to ( even forgery) to assure that she got what she wanted!! When I showed the document to hubs when he got home, he laughed till he teared up! And that "contract" now has pride of place on the fridge door!

Ahhh, the blessings of children & the joy they bring!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha, ha! Definitely has the makings of a lawyer! She certainly understands contract law!

Children ... such moments are priceless.

podgykat said...

Yeah, such ingenuity one won't expect of a child sometimes..The dad's still like- "woweeee my 7 yr old can already draw up contracts on her own!" haha.