Monday, February 12, 2007

The CuppyCake Song & A Yummy Dessert for Valentines







If you're stumped for ideas this valentines, how'bout learning this song & reciting it to your sugar-pie honeybunch..etc & make the dessert featured below. Guaranteed to win you special favours.. (~_^)

Chocolate cups with whipped cream



* 2/3 cup whole milk
* 1 egg
* 2 Tbsp. sugar
* Pinch salt
* 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
* 2 Tbsp. hazelnut liqueur or dark rum
* 4 demitasse cups
* 1 cup whipping cream
* 2 Tbsp. sugar
* Mint sprigs, for garnish, optional


When planning your menu, make this dessert first to allow these chocolate cups to set and chill.

Heat milk in a small pan over moderate heat until it comes to a boil. In blender or food processor combine egg, sugar, a pinch of salt, semisweet chips and liqueur. Run processor or turn on blender to low setting. Pour in boiling milk in a slow stream. The hot milk will cook the egg and melt the chocolate. Process or blend 1 minute, until smooth. Spoon chocolate into 4 demitasse cups and chill. After dinner, beat cream until soft peaks form. Add a little sugar and beat to combine. Top the chocolate cups with a dollop of cream and garnish each cup with mint sprigs. Place cups on saucers and serve with demitasse spoons. If you use teacups, this recipe will yield 2 cups, rather than 4.

I'm definitely making this for dessert, might throw in that cuppycake tune too, haha!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I've been looking for an easy dessert to make for Valentine's Day. I'll definitely do this one minus the rum. I'll send you pictures :-)

podgykat said...

Yessss!! I'm doing this for dessert as well...This recipe comes from Rachael Ray.. Please share your pics. Mine will have to be minus the rum too but will substitute with a little vanilla, I guess. And I made those cinnamon rolls today, because Joe had been asking when was I gonna make some! Iman had a couple on the way back home from school! Hope all's good. Happy Valentine's to you guys!! Love.