Friday, February 09, 2007

The Double-Yolk Phenomenon

Bought a whole tray of eggs last week; that's 30 eggs there. Would you believe it that all 30 eggs have double yolks? By some strange force of nature? Hard to believe. Intervention of the human kind? Most likely. But how? Does someone out there have any ideas, before I go out and buy the next tray?! Son Johann jokes that soon we'll all evolve into double headed aliens or something 'cos we have gone through the whole tray. Here's a pic of the last two that I cracked open last night. Strange.


5 comments:

arty farty diva said...

wah! should go and buy empat ekor lah!

podgykat said...

You must! Hope you get the correct combination of numbers, ya! Sounds like an extremely busy time for you, this time of year. Auspicious dates & all. Have to give shopping malls etc, a wide berth this couple of week!

Anonymous said...

wonder what kind of mutated chicken would it be had it hatched hmmh...

Anonymous said...

ahh..this explains it....


http://www.poultryhelp.com/oddeggs.html

podgykat said...

JJ, thanks for the link; now at least I know what caused it....and guess I was right, definitely some form of human intervention!