Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Some treats I made during Ramadhan

Here are some of the treats I made for breaking of fast during the month of ramadhan. We stopped going out to buy cakes being sold at the ramadhan stalls here after it was reported that unscrupulous people were using banned preservatives in their cakes. That did it for me; if the kids or anyone else craved something, I'd rather make it if it was something I was familiar with and learn from scratch if I'd never made it before. Except cendol, that is. :D Enjoy the pics folks!

One of my childhood favourites - the ang koo kueh; except i made mine in an orange shade instead of the normal "ang."(red colour). Since I used sweet potato in the pastry; I did the orange colour for fun. :) You can find a good recipe here.


Now tell me how many people can resist a morsel or two of this peanutty kueh, known as mua chee? Errr, not me. Haha Recipe available here.

This is a lychee cheesecake. I made it from a recipe in this book - Cheesesecake Seductions by Catherine Lau, Times Editions. A few slices found it's way to KL because son no.2 was here on a weekend break. Received a late night text from bro-in-law that it was "sedap giler" and an inquiry on when was I going to get that bakery of mine going. Hehehehe. It's really good. Will post the recipe when rajin. :)

There's more of course; later folks.. Got to head off to the gym to work off all the "kuehs" that have left their very visible mark upon my poor tum-tum, hips and thighs.... :D

No comments: