Take a look at this banana cake and tell me if you can find anything wrong with it. Looks soooo yummy, right? Well, that's just where everything ends. Hehehehe.
This cake was supposed to be my contribution towards Iman's year-end class party. Why, supposed? Well, because it never found it's way there, that's why...:) The reason being.......... well, here's the tall tale:-
Wednesday was Iman's sports day at school and we had a good time because my little darling had won a medal in a relay event and was over the moon! Her very first medal ever, to put it in her own words. So amidst all the excitement and exhilaration, we headed on home with Iman's good friend, Clea in tow. They planned on having an afternoon of fun together..
When we got home, they headed for their fun and me, my kitchen to bake that lovely banana cake you see in that pic above for the party to be held the next day. Even had the caramel icing to top it off worked out to perfection in my extremely cluttered mind (well, at that time, anyway)!!
But as fate would have it, in my haste instead of grabbing what I thought was a packet of castor sugar from the pantry ( measured out a good half a cup of it and topped it off with brown sugar to make one full cup) but (don't laugh ok) - what I took instead was a packet of fine salt that had the same markings on the packet as the sugar!!!!!!!!! Pleaaahhhhhhhh! Is all I can say... Hahaha. My biggest baking boo-boo ever!!! Thank goodness I did a taste-test first! I'll blog the wonderful recipe when I get over this. I even kept the cake on my counter overnight because I felt so bad throwing out what seemed like a perfectly baked cake. Hehehehe.
Here are some pics from of one very proud girl, from her sports day.
Before the start of the race
That's Iman on the right, finishing in second place in the 60 metre race.
Two very sweaty but extremely proud girls with their medals. Iman (left) and friend Veronica






2 comments:
Good job to my worst nightmare! I guess I won't be able to outrun her anymore :-)
Yup, pretty thrilled she was! On sunday, she won first prize in the hula hoop competition at the family day of our local golf club.:)
Post a Comment