Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Lovely Colours of Fall




I received these lovely pics from my sis in the mail; it was just so lovely, I had to share it with someone. anyone. you. The pics are scenes taken of the surroundings at my sister & family's holiday home in Vermont, USA. Wow, the scenery reminds me of the programme, "Great Vacation Homes" on tv. One of my favs. Apart from the Asian Food channel, that is. Hehe.



Enjoy the views!



This was taken from their back deck in Bear Mountain, Vermont. Check out the grazing deers.


Breathtaking. Also Bear Mountain, Vermont.


This view is of Salem Pond, where my sis says they pack a picnic and go canoeing in the summertime.. Ahhh, bliss, pure bliss


My brother in law's favourite lake, Lake Willoughby


Folks, hope you enjoyed the views - I've been asked a thousand times now by my little missy on when are we going to take her there (the US) so she could experience halloween and the snow!!

I'm off now to roll up my sleeves and do some baking. I received a call from Iman's school sometime last week, inquiring whether I'd be kind enough to donate some baked goods for the Hari Raya Open house which her school's hosting on Friday. They'd like the goodies to be passed to the school on Thursday(tomorrow), so I thought I'd better do some baking in the afternoon. Well, the little missy has requested that I make carrot cake and brownies. It seems her class teacher enjoyed the carrot cake I had sent to school for teacher's day last year. The only sad thing is it'd have to be without the cream cheese frosting as they want it tomorrrow, and I don't think they'd keep it under refrigeration overnight. I'd rather be safe than sorry...

I guess I will be covered in flour for the better half of the day! I told "the boss" to expect something light for eats; I'll be making gado-gado, an indonesian dish of fresh and blanched veggies etc served with a peanut sauce. The pics and recipe will be in the offing soon! Have a nice day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

God's country is what native Vermonters call their state ... beautiful indeed.

Buttercream frosting works on carrot cakes too. I still use Mum's recipe and it is one of Sarah's favourite frosting for a chocolate cake. That peculiar child does not like chocolate icing on chocolate cake.

Henry Anak Joseph said...

After such a long hiatus it's good to be back trying my fingers on what looks like a typewriter but works differently. This is not my forte, so please just pretend you don't notice my spelling errors.

Looking through the pictures herein I can't help but recalling the beautiful country view that I once had, which is now replaced by yellow mud and stunted trees as a result of massive logging activities. The rape that was done to the forest and rivers near my home is always a nightmare to me and many others who share similar sentiments.

Forgive me for writing such a remark. I do not mean to critisize anyone. It's just that the nolstalgia of the past often resonates each time I see such a beautiful scenery.

The month of Syawal isn't over yet. I therefore take this opportunity to wish you and family and every muslim all over the world a very happy Hari Raya Aidil Fitri. May this occasion remind us of friendship that transcends religious and racial boundaries.

Regards,
H.Joseph

podgykat said...

TOPM - hopefully will get to take in those views firsthand one day! Iman seems to be alright today; but I'm keeping her home just in case. Her school is having their annual sports day on wednesday and she had three track events, so I'd like her to recover fully for that. She's so looking forward to it.

Henry, my friend, I'm glad you've finally decided to type away and pay my blog a visit. Yes, indeed a shame that what used to be a wonderful lush country view is now reduced to like you say "yellow mud and stunted trees." All just to fill the pockets of some greedy politician and their cronies.

Thanks for the wishes - we have to meet-up for our coffee session soon!
Best regards and see you soon.