Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A Hurried Lunchtime "Affair!"


I had a hurried lunchtime affair with a couple of ikan senangin(threadfin) and some kangkong.. This is what it looked like when I was done, sans garnishing! Too rushed for time!!! Deepfried ikan senangin in sweet and sour sauce and kangkong stirfried with some garlic.Simple fare and no complains from the hungry souls home from school, so worth the rushing and sweating in front of the hot stove!! Yum-Yum, as baby Eleanor would say. I meant to ask my friend all the way across the pacifics, GT-does the kangkong that you pick off your neighbours' garden have the same visual aesthetic quality as ours back home? How'bout taste-wise? :)

4 comments:

GerubiTuai said...

Podgee maam, very same green kangkong with very same taste...yes maam. Haven't had any for quite sometime now. Still craving for ikan masin and belacan..Only if one knew how much I missed those things!!!!That Chinese food- so-called Chinese food isn't the same ..for the foods are prepared to suit general public here lah.

Mupuk enda lama ehhh.

podgykat said...

Groove-how I wish I could send you some belacan! If only those sniffer dogs at the Custom's checkpoint didn't have super sensitive noses! Hehehe! My mom and son had that experience once, bringing that snack food-sotong kering in the packets-you know the smelly but yummy spicy/sugared stuff we used to eat as kids? Haha-the dogs and the American dude both sniffed at the packets! Probably wondering-what drugs could smell so horrible??!!! My mom very sweetly told him, he could try some if he wanted!!

Hope all's well.

GerubiTuai said...

Podgee maam, thanks for thinking of me on that belacan..haiaya..pack it in air-tight container! I did Malaysian curry that way hehehe..Let them sniff all they want to hahahah.

podgykat said...

Sure will do that-give me your address on the email. Will get my sis to post it to you ok. I'll try the ikan masin too-if possible. Will stay in touch on this.Be good.