
Gerald,Tony,Priscilla,Juninah(overzealous photographer here!-cut off June to get all of Gerald in!)
This is one of the pictures I have of our year end party at Pn Aziah Mahmud's house. We had so much fun that night and she gave us the run of the house, while she, hubby and children retired upstairs for the evening! Such a good sport she was. I remember her husband was the area manager for Petronas at that time. I wonder where are they now? Throughout the day we, the girls, helped Pn Aziah prepare the food for that night. I remember that she made this colourful rice concoction-"nasi hujan"-she told us that's what it was called.And rendang,and papaya pickle that my aunty's sis prepared. I even remember that the papaya was donated by Betty Lim! Tony and the rest showed off their dancing skills that night.

This is U6A2,we're supposed to be doing our own private studies before the HSC. As usual the people infront were always so studious! That few in the back there-always so noisy and talkative! Hahaha.

This was taken with our class teacher,Puan Aziah Mahmud. I remember Ken crooning that song,"Benci Tapi Rindu" and strumming his guitar at around the time this photograph was taken! So sedihlah everyone after that,even the noisy people stopped talking!

Found this in my little treasure chest-26 years old, it is. A little gift from Mr Romeo to June,Flora and I! June always got the latest news of his love escapades! Hope to bump into him someday!






14 comments:
Podgee maam, never thought Tony Kulleh was that skinny before!!!I knew of Gerald's lah because he was the school's big time goalie!! He reminded me of Gary Bailey of Man U between the goalposts with dark hair! It was always William Ingan who stole the show with his unexpected precision..hahaha. That classroom picture haiya..bringing me back home away from home in Tanjung Lobang.
Hi Groove-yep, all of us so skinny there, lah. I see my Levis 29ners looking at me so longingly in the darkness of my closet.....how I wish...How I wish I could fit! Hahaha. I stopped by your blog entry-no time to comment yet, just got back home. Will soon! Glad it's taking you back in time; more photos to come...
Podgee, hahaha I know lah. That Puan was a good sport indeed. Wish we had one like her in the later years, but huh none except one or two, who left the soonest for odd reasons!
Yep, she was a great teacher. One of our former teacher back back then is now the Principal in my son's secondary school! I remember it was her first job, straight out of U, so she was very uptight! I think we were too talkative for her! She always came into class without a smile-on hindsight now, maybe she was nervous! Hey Groove, what do you mean about Daud kubu(?_?) Hahaha. Were you part of the DEA? I heard he used to reward, Gerald, Tony and the guys with beer/stout for every stray dog they "murdered" and bbqed! Grosss......... but they don't think so! To this day! Hahaha.
Podgee maam, who is the teacher? Maybe I recognize the name if disclosed. Who the heck weren't nervous facing those young adults. I would be too..I wasn't that nervous when I first walked into a class as someone else other than a student! Daud Kubu really was a nice teacher, but he was kind of stuck in between lah..He had to adapt, and I salute his ability to blend in with our unique culture. He was a wonderful person as well as effective in his teaching. He taught us general science subject..later we almost burned the lab down!!!! will be in the blog..hang tight maam. He knew how to motivate his students. Most of our teachers were lacking ability to motivate. They thought they did but in the wrong direction!! One cannot pilih-kasih lah in that respect..Daud Kubu didn't care who we were!..very situational motivator I must admit. Not until later that I joined DEA, but it was under the square-jawed Lau Ung Ngie. Honestly..good and tasty meat..as gross as it sounds..it really does taste good especially if Tuai George Jago prepared it!!! hahaha. Yes maam, I will have a special chapter on DEA or DEO(Dog Elimination officer)..If it is now, hmmm we could have been in court for animal cruelty charges! Tuak, beer, and any form of alcoholic beverages would do that time lah. Hahaha I think..no.. I know I am on their side in that regard...sorry..hahaha.
Hey you... (err no, not the song!)
Haven't heard from you in a while so decided to stop by myself.
Hope you've been well. Enjoy the finals tonight!
Viva les blues!
Thanks -doing alright, still going back in time a bit!Currently, burning CDs of local songs for a good friend out of touch somewhere in Virginia! Next posting-more PRESENT! How'bout you? The finals!-but for the UNGODLY hour, sob, sob.... You, enjoy....
Groove, hope the lady doesn't blog! Remember Cik(then & now,still)Jaidah Alek-used to be our GP teacher. One day before the school inspectors came, she warned us not to be our usual noisy selves! I remember she told us under no uncertain terms were we allowed to ask "funny" questions-this must be directed at Nyuak lah! He used to give Pn Aziah a hard time during the double economics period!The questions never ended and trailed off the subject completely most times! I know what you mean about teachers like David Ford-lots of kids liked him back then, he was a gem. We still get the ocassional bad apple-my eldest son had it bad, because of his name. The religious teacher used to come after him(my hubby's muslim)because of his non-muslim sounding name! God, I will write a whole posting on that and why I named him so! The naming part was hilarious from an angle but he's got a lovely name! So now, instead of going through all that hassle with my little girl, we've enrolled her in an international school. Yep, teachers are supposed to be motivators, most seem to be so harassed... Waiting for your postings eagerly!
Podgee maam, hmmm I can't recall her facelah. Even if she blogs, can we get in trouble? Character analysis is far from being slanderous in my book unless the people decide to change what is or isn't defamatory, right? We all know lah nowadays..double standard makes 2+2 equals 5! Why is your son get in bad in school? I hate to hear things like that happen to kids, but as you have said..there's always one bad apple in the basket stinking the whole thing. Some people are just like that, always acting larger than life, above the law, and expect us to worship the land they walk on! Pooh..see how ugliness of disrespect, discontent, discriminatory judgement and, more often than not, end up with hatred come about between us human? I guess on becoming a good teacher starts at home as well. No matter how book smart the person be..without a little common sense hmmm susah nak cakap.
Hmmmm ya lah Nyuak being Nyuak, Mr. Politician lah tu. I never had any economics in Tanjung...hahaha funny lah that one day I decided to try it and it has been one of my favourites since. Well, let me get back to my traveling past.
My eldest son's name is Jeremy Adam-in the ustazah's(she taught him in early secondary, I think) book it is not muslim-sounding enough! She used to pick on him all the time.And then they complain that the child is rebellious. What are they teaching the kids in the first place? I think some people are just discontented in their own lives so they have to make life hell for others. Doing all these makes them feel better in their own "perverted" way. Sorry for the strong language. I get really pissed off at stuff like this. I believe I was unknowingly fed the meat of a black dog once when I was younger. It was touted to be the cure for asthma, which I suffered from when I was much younger. Seems to have done the job! Haha.
Podgee maam...that makes two of us!!! So they said about dog meat. I was fed that way too!! I don't know till this day whether it's a myth or a fact..hmm attributal to my hyperactiveness when I was a little younger maybe. The bottom line is I don't have it anymore.
No matter what your son's name is, he shouldn't have got it bad like that in school. I disagree with the name game thoroughly. Hahaha it happens all the time..when a student gets defensive huhh he/she gets the rapped of being rebellious, over reacting and so forth!Been there done that, and about to go back there again so the world will know. Maam, some people just like to play God lah tu. Some don't even have a chance to explain themselves..the door just slammed shut on their faces just like that. I am too..overly critical about these kinds of thing. There must reasons why your son is acting rebellious if they cared to find out..afterall we do things triggered by reasons and for some reasons as well!Haha could that be the day his teacher(s)got out on the wrong side of the bed or maybe just got out of the wrong closet wearing the wrong dress!! I hope your son is alright though. I am not an expert on behaviour analysis, but I have seen kids over the years reacted rather unusual..not exactly defiant..not exactly withdrawn.. at home because of things they have no control over elsewhere. And we wonder what is wrong or what we have done wrong at home as parents to the poor kid who suffer such a fate. Maam, I understand absolutely..who doesn't get pissed off? I would too! Some people just don't or instill refusal within to realize its psychological impact on a young adult growing up. Haiya..I am sounding like an old goat now..
Regards from an old goat!
The old goat hit it spot on, but the bad times are all behind us now. He's a grown-up of 22 now. Currently pursuing his law degree. I just never stopped giving him my love-a mother's love always given unconditionally right? The best kind to have in our lifetime! Check out my latest posting! Thanks for your wonderful insight; no wonder we "click." Bestest.
Yeap!
Post a Comment