I've literally turned my house upside down, inside and out this past week looking for my most treasured watch that hubs gave me for my birthday in 1994. And I can't find it anywhere!! Not in it's normal place, not ANYWHERE. I hope it'll resurface somehow, somewhere in this house.
It's a classic looking timepiece from the Golden Wing collection by Longines. Mine's a little different from the one in the pic above- though the watch-face was rimmed in gold, it had a plain stainless steel band (just the way I liked it, and hubs knows how hard it is to get me to wear anything gold and shiny!) And I LOVE that watch.... (;_;)
I wish I could blame in on the poltergeist, but I just don't know. I've shed both real and silent tears since the day I discovered it missing. I hope and pray I'll get it back, somehow.
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
Sweet Podgykat,
I'm sorry to hear about your watch and do hope it turns up soon. I know how it feels - heartbreaking!! (Psssst! have you tried dreaming about where it is? Spooky, but it worked for me once, a long time ago.)
I love the oatmeal bread recipe - I love oatmeal - a yummy 'solace food' of mine - but I'm going to have to get a bread-making machine first! Will let you know how it works out. (Not quite the same, I bet!)
Bye for now,
xxx
wallflower, you sweetgal; how have you been???? Been ages. Thanks for the 'spooky' tip; i'm game to try anything right now. So dreaming on it is another option! I would never have thought about that....
You don't have to wait for to go out and get that bread-making machine before trying the oatmeal bread recipe out, because on the blog owner's site she says that all that's actually needed is just mixing everything together and light hands-on kneading. I threw it in the mixer because I was busy preparing dinner at the same time. Multi-tasking, hoho.
Try it luv, it makes two loaves; stick one in the freezer. It'll turn out for you...
lots of love and see you again soon..xxx
hey priss...i understand how you feel...i still keep my simple alarm clock which i got in 1985; not working snymore now but just can't bear the idea of throwing it away.--you know whut, once i lost my brief case i bought in spore...one day i went to spore, i bought exactly the same one..really don't like to lose my things - so strange. anyway, do contact me when your are in KL :)
Hi Wis, thanks; yup, it's stuff that hold loads of sentimental value that we normally want to hold on to and never lose. When that happens, it's crushing. I don't believe I have yr tel. no. Does Tony have it? Otherwise, just email to me and when am in KL next, will call you to check out your cool new car!! My kids would love it. Musn't show hubby or else he'll get ideas, haha. Anyway, he just got himself a new car, fully bodykitted by Wald. A merc E200K. Ahh, you guys and cars!!
Post a Comment