Saturday, February 23, 2008
The Hollies-The Air That I Breathe
It's back in time for me with this song! I have a recipe book covered in a poster of the Hollies which I filched off my brother's Fanfare magazine (oooh, I remember!!). Must've been 1974 thereabouts. Ooh, that age of innocence and the memories that this song brings!!
That particular handwritten recipe book contains recipes from the British Woman's Own mag, my mom's locally subscribed Puri Selera mag, an aunt's Women's Institute Cookery book, from friends etc.. That multi-stained book has traveled with me all these years. So many of the recipes in that book my sis (I know she had her own handwritten version, too) and I tried out often in my grandma's kitchen ( the pen ticks beside the recipes prove it!) those many teenaged afternoons ago!! Such wonderful memories of a time gone by..... I'm heading back that way with this song....
Now, if only I could figure out how to get this new scanner going, I could offer you a peek into that book of cookery memories and more of mine.. Looks like I'll have to wait till I get help from my son Jeremy when he gets back...*sigh*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Are you giving away secrets again? Yes, I have my much stained notebook filled with handwritten recipes -- am afraid to try some of those recipes again particularly ones that called for a glass of this, a large spoon of that! Can't even figure out the equivalent anymore.
Got a big tub of strawberries today so I am making pound cake tomorrow. Lovely strawberries and cream over pound cake --- yumm!
Off to bed now ...
Heheh, how did we do it?? Mine has lots of recipes from the Woman's Own mag etc , so seems to have measurements of the normal kind. I remember the local recipes were the ones that used those 'ambiguous' methods of measurement but all was not lost if you owned one of those water glasess that came with a packet of 'Omo.' Haha, los of what we made turned out ok, right?
Keep an eye out for my new post!
That pound cake with strawberries and cream sounds yummylicious.. Spied some fresh strawberries in our super today, priced at RM 17 a punnet!!
Post a Comment