
My worn and tattered but much-loved 34 year old cookbook!!
The recipe on the first page- Pineapple Lemon Bavarian (to my knowledge this came from a British mag-The Woman's Own ) I can't remember trying this out though!
Now, I can't remember where this one came from but I know that my sister and I baked this cake with good results and judging from the stains, many a-times too!! I know that it tasted really good; now why haven't I baked this cake since???! Giving me ideas, this....
I don't have to tell you (by the look of those stains!) that this was and still is a much-loved recipe. To the best of my knowledge, this recipe came from my sister's classmate/and our neighbour Catherine Kiew. She had a penpal in New Zealand who had given her the recipe ( there are other recipes from this source, in my book) and she had passed it on to my sister. I must've baked this cake a thousand times!!
Both my elder boys had birthday cakes in all forms; a race-track, football field, space rocket, monsters etc with this recipe as a base.. I've made some minor alterations to the recipe and usually make a double batch for birthday cakes...
More to come , folks!









2 comments:
I remember the Frangipanni cake -- the recipe came from the Salvation Army fundraiser cookbook I believe. This is spooky but I was thinking about that recipe a couple of weeks ago and I Googled it but didn't find one I quite remembered. Can you post the recipe, please? I have a couple of coconut cake freaks at work and I thought I'd make it for morning coffee.
Much obliged ...
Double spooky; first the oatmeal bread then this cake...hehe. Do you remember if we used freshly grated coconut or dessicated? It must've been the former right? The taste of that coconut meringue lingers on my tastebuds still! hehe.
Up comes the recipe... Pls email me pics when you bake this cake. Now that we've got going I may start trying out all those childhood bakes once more and post the pics and recipes as I go along. I may attempt this over the weekend; just got to make sure I work out enough before and after!!
Post a Comment