Friday, March 02, 2007

Up-date from The Philippines

As I said I would, I've just received an email from May in the Philippines with more details of the daily goings- on as regards Reggie's predicament. It's a terrible ordeal for any parent to have to go through. Our prayers go out to her & family. We'll be thinking about them constantly.


"Good Grief..........my first access to the Internet!!!

Reg is progressing surely but slowly. Everyday is a different experience for us as we don't really know what to expect. I believe the worst is almost over.........the scariest part, the 33 hour ordeal, securing him a bed in the Makati Medical Center, the fear of him losing his mobility, the extent of damage etc.........is an experience any parent will never want to experience.

It was a hardest experience to have but God is always Great!!! There were many blessings in disguise and I cannot thank The Lord enough for the mysterious ways He had blessed us with.

We like to take this opportunity to thank all our families and friends and Reggie's friends who have been very supportive in several ways.........the text messages, the phone calls, the offer of financial support etc has been really overwhelming. It is always great to know that there are more good people than bad out there!!! For those that I do not have any emails, please pass this onto them.

He has been in a lot of pain the past 2 days and to me it is definitely a great sign as for the first time he asked me if he has a catheter on.........that shows me he has bladder control. The doctors are still debating if they should remove the slug as an MRI is definitely required to determine the extent of damage to the spine and mandible. His ENT check down his throat yesterday and am glad to report that there was no paralysis to the trachea and no edema present. He has physical therapy twice daily and we are blessed with some great doctors through my connection of someone I met 12 years ago in Canada and for the 2nd time last week. Remember, our network conection is very important.

We still believe that The Lord has sent us a great message which we are yet to digest...........He does work his ways in mysterious ways and now I believe He is testing our patience and challenges........but He is Great!!

Anyway, just a quick update..........it will be a while before we leave hospital; surgeries yet to be done. Again, our heartiest thanks to all for prayers and support.

God bless you all,
May"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting ... it is good to know. Did they move Reggie to Manila then? I thought from the name of the medical center that it might be in Manila ... but there might be other Makatis in the Philippines?

Have a good weekend. We're still under a tornado watch in Richmond but I don't think there's anything to worry about. Lots of rain for right now and am grateful for that and thanking God that we're not experiencing what Alabama is.

podgykat said...

Yes, I think they are currently in Manila. I've sent her a text message but don't know whether she's gotten it. will wait & see. Seems to be worse than what i thought. Hope she stays strong and I've given her yours & terry's email adds as well so she can email out updates to everyone.

Yeah, I read about that tornado and the terrible tragedy in Alabama. I hjope my friend GT a & his family are ok. Have not heard from him yet. Take care & you guys have a good weekend too. Actually have some apalling news about the ex-stepdog but will email you later. Love & care!