We took a nice leisurely drive to Santubong yesterday afternoon to view a piece of land that a relative of hubby's had offered to sell to us. I can't tell you how many times we've been there, contemplating, viewing etc. It's a beautiful piece, about 1.3 acres of land on a hill, overlooking a golf course with a beautiful view straight out to sea and Gunung Santubong as a backdrop! I would give anything to live by the sea again, having spent much of my childhood on the beach. But for the asking price-that runs into six figures and some....
We're kind of trying to make up our minds between this pricey but oh-so - lovely piece here and one closer to where we currently live with no views whatsoever save for neighbour's houses.. Let's hope the fella will come down in the price with some gentle persuasion...

This is the view of the tree-laden piece from the main road. The little road visible in the pic, leads up to the entrance to the land.

In this pic the land is to the left(not visible)-just wanted to show the majestic Gunung Santubong in the background. Lovely, ain't it? Iman and Johann are the figures in the pic.

The view out to sea, taken from the highest point on the property. The sun was shining too brightly, actually it's the open sea beyond. Bits of the golf course that Arnold Palmer designed is visible if you peer closely. Hubby would be delighted if we decided to build a house here!

The viewof the beach as you drive along the road to Santubong.
5 comments:
So nice to see the beautiful views I passed on the road to Santubong just about 2 weeks ago. I can just imagine the serene greenery, mangrove swamps and glimpses of the calm South China sea. Yes, it certainly would be lovely to stay in such peaceful and tranquil surroundings.
Chica dearest, yes you would recogise the views! I should've taken a pic of the grotty seafood outlet that you went to the first night you were here! Hehehe. Am supposed to have some pics up from when you were here! We'll just dream on for a bit about making our dream home up on this hill for now :)
Thanks for dropping by! Interesting topic up tomorrow; I hope, for us getting there ole haggies. I sure feel like one now, hahahaha.
Yes, I remember the drive. And how can I not remember the accident. LOL. It was a funny thing to happen on a lonely stretch of road, and this is, I think, 1996 or thereabout. If I remember it correctly, there were only two cars that day on that road and somehow, like the Titanic and the iceberg, the twain converged. LOL.
Sarawak has the nicest places, and the people. Given the chance, I can fall in love with the whole thing all over again. If only I could. LOL
Isn't it horrible how land everywhere in the world is pricier than precious metals? Invest in land, I say, invest in land ... it is going to be a precious commodity as the world's population increases.
It does look peaceful, doesn't it? Away from the hustle and bustle of industrialization. A little bit like our childhood home, isn't it? Sandy beaches, blue sea, soothing breezes ...
Wish you luck with whatever you decide to do ...
Bergen, I'm glad you remember the drive, the roads are still poorly lit at night that it makes night time driving scary. Oh no -I hope you were not injured in any way by that meeting of metals! In the darkness, some stretches of the road can prove quite treacherous, as you found out. One thing though, development has come to town-there's even a block of condos up & ready for occupation within metres of the beach. If you happen to come by again, you'll be awed by the changes. Don't know whether that's for the better...
Anyways, if you evear decide to fall in love all over again,LOL July's the date you won't want to miss! The Rainforest Music Festival is held for three days then. This year being the 10th anniversary and all. Musicians from all over the world, converge for 3 whole days to delight all,with ethnic music and workshops etc. Ehh, why am I sounding like aomeone from the tourism industry now? LOL.
TOPM, my dear hubby has given him 50 grand upfront because at the time he offered the land to us, he was in dire straits. Beautiful piece but still thinking about it. day & night we're talking about it, hahahaha. Love the beach..
Post a Comment