Here's one such gift, a lovely cross - stitched bookmark that my Aunt (my mom's sister) sent me all the way from Canada. She's such a gem with the needle and thread; a truly wonderful crafts person and from time to time we get to delight in the spoils of her labour. Iman still plays with a fabric bear that my aunt made her ( I believe she made those lovely fabric bears for all of her grandnieces) when she was but a wee toddler!
Nestled amongst the pages of a book I'm currently reading
My aunt tells me that she like me, is an avid Maeve Binchy fan. It was such a wonderful coincidence that the book I was planning on reading was this one;

when the lovely bookmarks (one was for Iman) arrived in the mail. And reading a Maeve Binchy novel is pretty much like the critics acclaimed-"like gossiping with old friends." How befitting that a gift from the heart now nestles amongst the pages of a book that tugs at your heartstrings.






No comments:
Post a Comment