Monday, April 23, 2007

My Mom (15th July 1933 - 16th April 2007)

One of the last pics taken with my mom during the school break in december. L-R, Jeremy(my eldest),Iman(my youngest),Mom and partly hidden in her arms is baby Eleanor, my sister's daughter, the last grandchild that my mom cared for.

My mom passed on at 7:55 am on the 16th of April, 2007. My sister, Evelyn and I had just stepped out of her room for some coffee when she went into cardiac arrest. That was my mom for you- she wanted to spare us the pain and sadness of seeing her go. The doctors tried to revive her but sadly failed.

I tried to sit here and type out these words many times but my emotions got the better of me. Still does. I miss my mom, all of us do. I'm thinking of the last conversation we had, of what was said, of how she sounded. I miss my mom beyond words. I'll never get to hear her voice again, to feel her hugs and kisses, to taste her cooking. Just knowing she was there was enough most of the time. Trying hard to console myself with the many beautiful memories that she left us with. She gave of herself to others unselfishly, especially to us, her children and her grand children. A mother's love is truly unconditional and my mom was proof of that. May I make her proud by being the same kind of mother to my children that she was to me and my siblings. I feel like there's this big gaping hole in my chest right now that's hurting so bad, nothing can heal it. I just can't write anymore for now.

Rest in peace Mom. You are painfully missed and will always be loved by all whose lives you touched. There were many.


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Your mom never left you, Pris. She is always in you. She will be proud of you. You are a great mom, too.

Sophie.

podgykat said...

Soph, thank you for your kind words and for staying in touch throughout. Really appreciate it - I brought all of you and your prayers in my heart when I was there; somehow it made the sad circumstances more bearable. I'm afraid I can't neet up with you wonderful folks just yet; I'd be a disaster in public places. The flood-gates would not stay shut. But I promise to stay in touch. God Bless you dear.

Clark Gable of Pulau Duyong said...

Dear Prisc,

I condolence to You and Your Family.

podgykat said...

CGOPD, thank you so much for dropping by and for the condolences.

arty farty diva said...

In the past few days, whenever we talked about your mum and with whoever it was that we were talking to at that moment, one thing always stands out: that we would always laugh and smile when we recall the things she said and the things she did.

Laughter and the ability to see things in a very positive manner are precious legacies which your mum has left behind for all of us.

A tough act to follow, your mum was. We will all miss her very much.

podgykat said...

I found it easier to deal with when around all the other siblings esp us gals. When i got back, it was tougher but having people like you all, around has been a godsend. It's hard to think of her in the past tense yet, so very hard. I'll try not to mop around too much and I've promised myself that over the weekend, I'll try to go through the stuff that she's left behind here at home with us. I'll treasure every little piece of paper etc-(she was a hoarder, my mom) I come across and share it with loved ones when time.

Thanks for being there, AFD. I know it was hard for your dad too. I'll see him soon and give him a great big hug! Take care. God bless always.

Ruis Jugah said...

hi again pris, feel sad reading your blog, though this is part of life to lost loved one...