
-On the cliffs, 6 curious girls and a book(June should remember this!The book came from her brother's "literary" collection!)
Old Friendship
Beautiful and rich is an old friendship,
Grateful to the touch as ancient ivory,
Smooth as aged wine, or sheen of tapestry
Where light has lingered, intimate and long.
Full of tears and warm is an old friendship
That asks no longer deeds of gallantry,
Or any deed at all - save that the friend shall be
Alive and breathing somewhere, like a song.
-Eunice Tietjens(1844-1944)
Meeting Up with Edwin

GTuai-for your viewing pleasure. "As we are now"-actually in real life all are much slimmer! :D






7 comments:
Podgee, refreshing indeed! I wonder if the view is still as breathtaking as it was.. hmmm ..after two decades of mere exposure to whatever mother nature brings! Ohhh lala ..ya'll still as groovy as everlah. I don't recognise the one next to you, got squeezed between you and Henry. So, Othman must be the part-time snapshot taker lah or was it Nyuak!?! That's Edwin alright..but if I were to bump onto him somewhere, I swear I have to stare twice or maybe more. He looks different, but that's expected though. I am happy for all of you..all are successful in life, role models, and great mummies and daddies. Opppsssie..I am just a rambling manlah..been too hell and back and I don't see myself going that route no more! I must admit, I would be fun to around you folks.
Thanks Podgee.
Hey Groovy, that's Sophia Stewart! Eh, I'm just the writer of this blog-no other titles come after my name, no high-flier like the rest... I'm just a fly on the wall!I'm a full-time mommy now! I'll post a pic of othman and the rest later, with Nyuak very visible till you can see his grey hairs! And Nyuak has a very interesting theory on how to stay young-but I can't disclose here,incase his wife blogs! Hahaha. Hope to meet you one day. Take care & good summer days. How's the iban lessons coming along???
Ohhh la la Podgee, maam..she looks really different! High-flier or not maam..shouldn't change the person that we are. Anything beyond that is just a high-nosy act as people describe it..orang kata sombong lah. That's just a plus to life, a reward of hard work, and everybody is blessed in a way or another. Hahahaha what might that be? Does Nyuak care to share the secret? Does his grey hairs mean he is some 25 odd years wiser? Just kiddinglah..We are hitting bumps here and there as far as the lesson goes. And today, more bumps on the head as I am prepare to get underneath the house acting as pipefitter on an off day. Running pvc pipes to the sewer line for our washer, moving it from one end of the house to the other. Ahh won't take but a couple of hours to completelah.
Signing off for now..
GT, hope you didnot get entangled amongst those pipes and bump your head too much! The bunch of us get together once in awhile just to share past and present experiences and also to let the kid in us out in the open, albeit not like before but close enough. And who else can you be like this with and not be judged;but among old friends? So far the other ladies have been shying away-wish to tell them that all our activities are "legal"-we're under the scrutiny of a former magistrate after all. In the form of Henry! Who ocassionally,or should I say now almost always lets his hair down when we meet up. It's alot of sharing,talking,laughing that we do and singing sometimes. Hope Tony comes to town next. How's the family? All the best....
Podgeekat maam, what I thought could be done within hours became an all day thingy!..forgot this forgot that, maklumlah sudah tua, and whatever is left inside this cranium isn't as swift as it once was lah tu. Having to go back to the hardwares store several times didn't help either! It's really a back-breaker underneath there although I escaped the bump. Never thought in a million years that once in a blue moon life gives me a chance to be a plumber. It's all good though since I don't have to worry about outrageous labour. Maam, that's how it should be!! Let the kid in everybody come out every now and then or else we will be too cooked up! Haiya..or could it be 'King-controlled', the reason why they shying away..now that should be frustrating! My folks are doing okay..a lot of outdoor activities during the summer..swimming and enjoying the sun. I am tanned enough as it is now, so I just go in the evening.. footballing with buddies. Lately, I have been a little lazy..maybe as we get closer to the Fall's League. Where is your hubby from, by the way?
Regards.
Hi GT, nice to hear of your misadventures while doing that plumbing job; happens to the best of us! My nearest & dearest would always take the shortcut-call the real plumber! Hahaha. Ive got a riddle for you, pertaining to my hubby's race-according to Tony it's "kayan lalo". He's definitely a Sarawakian, but one with a a good vision and insight. Respects how important friends are to me etc... Sometimes little things matter in everyday life. Nice summer pursuits there, football, swimming etc.. Cook-outs? My sis is planning one for the 4th of July. I'm still waitng for some pics from Peter..Received a card from him last week, just a little note. Hope he's really alright.. I read your latest entry, trying to figure out what's written there! Haha.
Podgee, yes maam..all done with regards to the plumbing misadventure..no leak, no bump haiya backache sajalah tu. Hoooo 'kayan lalo' hmmmm..Say hello to him lah. Not sure yet what the plan be for the 4th. I am ready, arm with butane and ready to fire-up that grill. I wonder about him sometime, but there's really nothing we could do..I hope he's okay.
hahaha get a translator for the upcoming chapters...no lah I am sure you can figure it out. I am still trying to gather those old pictures!!! Darn it...But ya thanks for reading.
I have got to check on those kids swimming outside.
Later Podgee.
Post a Comment