As we entered the lab for the above purpose, a young man in his twenties, with a sweet smile, moved seats so I could sit down. After thanking him, I was going to just stare into space or play some games on my cell phone to pass the time but this 'sweet' guy would have none of it! He engaged me in conversation from the moment I sat down. It was all pleasant stuff; like inquiring whether we were there to donate blood as there was a blood donation drive going on, what race I was, how long I'd been living in Kuching, what car I drive....etc (ignore the last one, I made that up!) Then he said ever so sweeeetly, "you have really good skin"-wow... I sat up straighter; but of course!! From wondering in the beginning as to whether he was put there by the medical centre to solicit for blood, now skin specialist wannabe was added to the fast expanding list...
I guess I should've just graciously accepted the compliments with no misgivings whatsoever in my mind; it's just that I've been so overwhelmed emotionally lately with countless visits to the docs. First with my eldest Jeremy for a complaint similar to the brother's, now with Joe. really worrying. Got me down, some.
But I did thank the 'sweet' guy, honest I did, but the naughty voice in my head was just too hard to ignore!
The debate in my head went on something like this;
He's saying that because:-
- Your skin is really glowing - a result of what transpired in the shower this morning. That calculated move of using shower gel when you found out you were out of facial wash really did the trick!! Hmm, must do that more often and throw in an extra minute of massaging with facial brush, why not?
- He's gay and was really trying to hit on Johann through you!
- He's a toy boy, trying to pick an old-hag-has-been up because he's out of cash and needs to urgently pay his phone/car/house bills the 'easy' way............ :D
I know, I know. I should've just complimented him on his lovely smile and left it at that, but no... I just had to open my big mouth and inquire, " are you soliciting?....for blood? hahahahaha.
But I went around on a little high the rest of the day.....






No comments:
Post a Comment