In case you're wondering-yup, you're at the right place! Just decided to get creative and do some sprucing up. Was getting bored with the old look. Actually the "light-bulb" moment came for me as I was vacuuming the house yesterday! You know the year-end house cleaning before we usher in the new year- a must do to get rid of all the unwanted clutter and goodness knows what else the natural born hoarders in us humans have accumulated through out the year or years for the more sentimental folks! Huh, I know for a fact that my mom is one- BIGTIME-sorry Mom! So there I was cleaning, vacuuming & dusting and thinking about my boring old blog among other things( read sagging/wobbly body-parts, hehe) that needed sprucing up. Weighing the odds, you know about whether it was worthwhile giving the blog a face-lift or actually going out and having one myself! The latter being not viable from all angles at this point in time left me with no choice but to pay undivided attention to the former. Then this morning, clicked on my lovely niece's blog and voila, she had beat me to it! She had a new look! Check it out!
That got me all the more eager to get my own new look going. Still potty about spots as you can see-and there's slight change too in the blog's moniker. Earlier on when I started this blog as a sentimental tribute to that unforgettable class reunion my ex classmates and I ( of KTDTHB) had last year, my friend Henry inquired as to why on earth did I name my blog after a bald bird. Really, there was no time to think when you're being shown the ropes by an impatient 16 year old, so when he quipped me-"so what do you want to name this blog, mom?" I just blurted out whatever came to mind first! Coot was used more as a form of affection/figure of speech which one would normally use for a good buddy, rather than the actual meaning of the word. Happily for Johann it wasn't that difficult teaching this old cat new tricks! Meow,meow. *pats own back* The rest they say is history!
Thursday, December 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






8 comments:
pris, the new look is great but the old look is better. well, if you switch back to the old look, it will be your "new" look, won't it?
merry xmas to you and your loved ones. god bless!
I love this new look! But I really liked the old look, too ... hmmm, it's a toughie!
A Very Happy New Year to you and yours, Podgykat. May it bring lots of joy and all good things and many wonderful adventures ...! Um, I was expecting to find a list of exciting 2007 new resolutions to get me started ... where is it!?
My dears, Rocky & Wallflower, thank you for your comments on my new look-will give it some thought.Am one stubborn broad so will ponder on the new look for a bit and then decide whether to stay with it or change. :)
A very Happy New Year to you folks too. No new year resolution list this year my sweet wallflower-only just got back from visitng the folks in KL and some old budddies that I haven't seen in the longest time!
To all who've stopped by,(even certain family members that have recently found out that I have a blog and whom i've neglected to invite in thus giving rise to threats of sending the trojan virus my way!)Hehe - blessings for 2007.May we be friends/family of the better caring kind.My love to all.
Am waiting to see pictures from the KL trip ... particularly of the little one. Can't believe she will be one next month.
I don't have any resolutions either but am looking forward to the rest of 2007 ... feels like a good year.
Don't forget the pictures ...
Oops, fingers were too fast ... last comment was from me!
TOPM, the pics shortly! Had such a wonderful 10 days, wish we could've stayed longer but duty calls and school satrts tomorrow for Iman and Jeremy has exams on the 5th. I've got some nice pics! Will download soonest. Trying to revive some very sorry looking ferns! And I can't believe how dust accumulates so fast - in a house that's been cleaned, vacuumed & dusted before we left!Grrrrr. Checkout some new links on my list-those are Andrea's sites of her artworks etc. I hope this year brings "bounties" of untold proportions to all!XOXOXO
Happy New year and welcome back to blogosphere.
GT, TQ. Happy New Year to you too! Check-out Andrea's very artsy sites and also their business one-wrought iron furnitures & stuff. Beautiful. She's so creative! Hope all's good with you. Merry-making still?
Post a Comment