My oh-so-lovely niece Sarah, presents her masterpiece; she made this chocolate cake and the buttercream icing for her mom's birthday from scratch. Then as I hear it, she banished mom from the kitchen so she could carry on with the decorations in utmost privacy. There was suspense too, as both mom and dad were sujected to happy laughter sounds emitting from the kitchen throughout. But what a great job, she's done, don't you agree? Hmmm, I can't wait for my Iman to have her turn and surprise me this way!Here's a close-up of the masterpice in all it's glory!






2 comments:
TOP did an incredible job for a first timer. I tried to help but all she required me to do was show her how to use the electric mixer. "I know how to read instructions," she said and banished me from the kitchen.
The chuckles and giggles that came out of the kitchen during the cake decorating (yes, butter cream frosting from scratch -- Mummy's recipe -- you have to eyeball it!) had me a little worried but the results were pretty. She said the skull and bones decoration is for next year's cake!
I hope Sarah and Iman will find baking as much fun as we did and still do!
Delightful results for a first-timer, yeah. Hopefully, they'll carry on the tradition in the years to come when we get too old & wrinkly! haha. Therapeutic activities, these.
Can't wait to see that skulls & bones decor for your cake next year! :-)
Post a Comment