Hope you guys enjoy this one, especially; GT-I know you guys rocked Tanjong Lobang country beyond our imagination when we left! Rocky- am still in softimental mode as you can tell, haha. Hope you like this one. Keropok-if you stop by, enjoy too. Blinkjoseph & Nur - this one's for you sweeties too. Jay, Joey and buddies who read my blog. TOPM,TOP,Joyce,Azlan, Henry,Ed, Gerry,Ray,Shann,Brenda,June,Sophia and you and you and you....
Friday, October 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






13 comments:
aikkk! deep purple??? black metal! (as a narrow minded, unappreciative and unaware of the music industry malaysian would say) the public should be aware that not everything with distortion and solos are black metal heheee..Black metal itself is a genre and the bands that play that sort of music dont worship satan or drink blood or bla bla bla (only the wannabes do) I listen to stuff like Slayer which has a fair amount of satanic lyrics but errr do i look like someone that would drink blood and worship a goat? haha..the type of song u listen to doesnt potray the personality of an individual...i guess. haha...btw, i love this song! should put up soldier of fortune sometime :D
Oii Joey, don't tease la. Deep Purple, one of my fav bands os all time. Black metal? Even Dream Theater was labelled such I think, and not allowed to perform in M'sia last year(?) No, you do not look like you are a follower of some blood drinking satanic cult! Your mom would flip otherwise! yeah, Soldier of Fortune soon-classic. Used to listen to the song all the time growing up.... Glad you young folks appreciate the good stuff too. Hehe. Lotsa love.
Haiya podgeemaam...Ular Putih Ular Putih ahhh..I like Uriah Heep tooo!Some Reo Speedwagon and Judas Priest!! But like that Scorpion lah..Ya ..smoke on the water or soldier of fortune lah..
Must admit..the guilty one among many lah..we rocked and dangdutted Tanjung Lobang after you guys left..some folks did heckuva job ya.
Thanks for the song..I am a little bit kuntry now ehhh..countrimental lah katakan.
U r welcome...Yeah, Uriah Heep!- I used to go thru all the rock albums that my bro brought back on his uni breaks! Eh, you've evolved! A countrimental man now.....!
I used to collect those while I was a little tender..maam..now hmmm..just countrimental lah..a changed man katakan!!!It'll come out in the blog eventually... rocking once in a while lah. How could we changed? Puzzling lah.
Happy weekend to you folks.
Age, GT, Age.... That's why, haha. Late nights, brewsking etc goes out the window. Especially now when we have kids doing all the stuff that we used to do at that age. Once awhile still boleh but not every night! The body sometimes ain't willing!!!
True kah..old saying goes...life begins at 40 bah!!!Actually, no more bresking for me..per doctor advice!!!!Started too young maybe..a designated drinker while in Tanjung..came out of my shell form 5 there on!!! a menace to society so some said too. All those just ain't in me no more...no one would ever believe that though...I am a shocker to my folks at home..in Malaysia!!! Hmmm true..my kiddos are from different planet compare to my younger days! But ya..you are right about that.
thank you, prissy. i must admit i'm not familiar with this particular purple number but it's really lovely.
Rocky-most welcome. from the Bananas album(2003)glad you like.
Pris,Happy Hari Raya to you & family. Congratulations to Johann. May an increase in age also have a corresponding increase in wisdom.
From the number of postings and visits made by GT and the others, I can safely conclude that I have been missing many things. I did try sending something some weeks ago after having seen your pumpkin cake. But for reason that I was not aware of the computer rejected my posting. I want to reproduce that posting here in verbatim now if I can still recall it. The following is what I can recollect from my un-freshed memory. Hopefully it's the same. Here it is...
The Iban word for pumpkin is 'entekai'. The word 'kin' means 'going there' and 'kitu' means 'coming here'.
At a dinner an Iban family had a young American guest. Among others served at the dinner was pumpkin fried with chilly.
The host, who was in his mid forty, asked the young guest, "what do you call this type of vegetable in your native American?", while his right forefinger was pointing to a plate that contained the delicious pumpkin.
"We call it pumpkin, uncle", answered the young guest spontaneously.
"That's a nice word", said the host with a sense of satisfaction afer learning one new foreign word from his guest.
Still very much enthusiastic with his host eagerness in learning new word, the guest wanted to know what's the Iban equivalent. "Uncle, how do you say pumpkin in your language", the guest asked.
"Oh, if the English say it's pumpkin, then the Iban would call it "pumpkitu", the host answered to satisfy the curiousity of his guest.
"Oh...that's great. Uncle can I have some more of that pumpkitu?"
The middle aged host was dumbfounded for a while and turned to his daughter, who sat next to him, enquiring what the guest had requested for.
---------
Pris, I know by sending this posting I have done great injustice to my own blog. I have not done anything to update it. whilst the old adage--"charity should begin at home" remains true, I have failed to take heed of it. Perhaps the reason being my inability to reduce the many things in my head into writing.
There's so much to write though.
I may not be a lover of anything that is 'metallic' either heavy or the light, but I do enjoy listening to the music you had included notwithstanding I am well past forty. Perhaps it's true 'forty' is only a figure. But GT had said that life begins at forty. He may be correct insofar as an old adage is concerned. On the contrary, I always think that life begins the moment we were delivered from our mother's womb. Those who say that it begins at forty tantamount to saying that Dr Mahathir Mohamad had retired pre-maturely. (To GT, if you visit this blog: it's just my opinion purely for the sake of argument).
To the rest of you who are celebrating Hari Raya and Deepavali, I want to wish you happiness and great wealth in the years to come.
RIVERSIDE, Calif. - A judge dismissed an indecent exposure charge against a woman accused of disrobing in front of a 14-year-old boy, saying the law only applies to men. Superior Court Judge Robert W. Armstrong said earlier in the week that the law only mentions someone who "exposes his person."
"It's gender specific," Armstrong said.
He dismissed a misdemeanor charge against Alexis Luz Garcia, 40, of Corona, who was cited in May after parents of a neighbor boy said she showed him full-frontal nudity as he played basketball.
Prosecutor Alison N. Norton said the decision to throw out the case will be appealed because another section of state law says that "words used in the masculine gender include the feminine and neuter."
Norton said Garcia had complained that the 14-year-old was making too much noise while playing basketball. She went out on her sundeck.
"He looked up at her, she looked down at him, and she disrobed," Norton contended.
The boy ran inside and told his parents, who complained to Garcia.
"She threatened to do it every time he played basketball," and the parents called police, Norton said.
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (Reuters) - A Canadian city under pressure for alleged sexual harassment within its fire department has ordered firefighters to wear only boxer-style underwear.
Richmond, British Columbia will spend C$16,000 (7,600 pounds) to buy six pairs of underwear for each firefighter in a bid to make firehalls in the suburb of Vancouver more gender neutral, a newspaper reported on Tuesday.
"We supply firefighters with various pieces of gear such as gloves, now it's underwear," city official Ted Townsend told the Vancouver Sun, saying it was part of the "integration of the sexes in the workplace."
A recent investigation of the department described its workplace culture as "characterized by juvenile and hostile behaviour" towards female firefighters by their male colleagues.
Firefighters strip off most of their clothes in order to don protective gear when responding to fire alarms, although Townsend said the city is considering buying gear that can be put on over regular uniforms.
Henry, thanks for yr comments "in verbatim" Next coffee session? But be reminded, I have no energy as yet to argue with you on any issue... Hahaha.
Post a Comment