Sunday, October 22, 2006

Happy Deepavali & Selamat Hari Raya

I'm extremely blessed to belong to a multi racial/multi religious family. We celebrate most of the religious and cultural festivals in this country because I have malay, melanau,indian,bidayuh,american,eurasian inlaws and close family members. And many, many close friends who celebrate Vesak and Chinese New Year. So it goes without saying that religious, cultural/racial tolerance is the norm in our family. We live it naturally, daily!

To all my family and friends who celebrate Deepavali-a very Happy& Blessed Deepavali. This posting's a little late but the good wishes continues on. To all my family and friends who celebrate Raya - Selamat Hari Raya. Peace and good will to all! To my mom, brothers and sisters whom I won't be seeing; but will definitely be hearing from this Raya- love you guys. Many, many hugs and kisses. To all my good friends out there too, many many hugs and to all, please put your forgiving caps on if I've slighted you in any way and accept my sincerest apologies!

From noon onwards, all day on the first day, we'll be home. If you're reading this, consider yourself invited! If you can't make it on the first day, just give me a buzz any day after, just to make sure we'll be home. Do drop by, I made all the cookies myself this year! :-)

To All-Have a good time with your family & friends!

5 comments:

podgykat said...

Thanks GT. Great Day here with friends, children's friends,neighbours & even former neighbours dropping in. You know that feeling- tiring but fulfilling! Real satisfying to see everyone having a good time and enjoying the food! Wish you folks were close by!

GerubiTuai said...

Enjoy it and have fun. There will never be another 2006! Next year might be different kan?

Cheers.

podgykat said...

True, true. Next year would surely be different! Kids, leaving home etc. I can't bear to even think about missing them....

blinkjoseph said...

hi aunty p!i tried leavin a msg jz now but tak jdi ar.so,post again:)im in kl now, havin lotsa fun and eatin too much.n to think i haf to go bak to penang n eat d oily pedas food.erkh.
selamat hari raya, and take care.miss ur foody goodies n lepaking arnd d house til there's no on ebut us to eat cookies huhu :)

podgykat said...

Sweetie-you, I miss having around. And Nur, too;for her demands for hugs! Heard about the no. of people visiting in Bkt Utama! Glad you're there. I've gotten requests for this food and that -made everyone happy this Raya. If anyone's headed that way again,I'd send you some cookies. Even made some indian snacks-DeepaRaya kan? Love you lots. Hugs & kisses.Hope to see you in Dec.