Decided to do a Jaime Oliver last sunday by serving fresh strawberry jam over pancakes for breakfast! I had frozen strawberries in the freezer and having previously watched a program where Jaime had made an easy-peasy strawberry jam, made me so bersemangat to do just that. His version had him crushing the strawberries with his fingers! Yecchh. I would've done that if I was 10 years old!! Or if no one was watching. haha. I used my trusty ole potato masher instead, leaving some pieces of fruit uncrushed, for some bite. I let the almost pureed fruit & some sugar simmer till thick. Then added in some lemon juice to bring out all those flavours. Made the pancake the normal way, with plain flour, eggs, milk,melted butter and a pinch of salt. A great way to start the day. With mugs of steaming hot coffee of course! But of course, hehe.
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Pancakes & Strawberry Jam
Decided to do a Jaime Oliver last sunday by serving fresh strawberry jam over pancakes for breakfast! I had frozen strawberries in the freezer and having previously watched a program where Jaime had made an easy-peasy strawberry jam, made me so bersemangat to do just that. His version had him crushing the strawberries with his fingers! Yecchh. I would've done that if I was 10 years old!! Or if no one was watching. haha. I used my trusty ole potato masher instead, leaving some pieces of fruit uncrushed, for some bite. I let the almost pureed fruit & some sugar simmer till thick. Then added in some lemon juice to bring out all those flavours. Made the pancake the normal way, with plain flour, eggs, milk,melted butter and a pinch of salt. A great way to start the day. With mugs of steaming hot coffee of course! But of course, hehe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
Now THAT is a very homemade pancake with straberry jam. It's honest, down-to-earth, nothing fancy to take the eyes off the real thing. Nice homely plate, very motherly. Something like this from a mother like you can stop all the fightings in the world.
Salute, ma'am! You're the real deal in the kitchen.
fooooooooooooooodddddd haha. and they wonder why im overweight :D
Bergen, my bloggie friend-many thanks for the kind words-man, you sure do have an eye for detail; even the plate doesn't escape you! Stay tuned for my chicken vindaloo and fish moolie! And many thanks for the visit too!
Ha, J...food again & again... Your trips to the gym will help with that problem! I'm sorry, I just got to keep on cooking, it's in the blood! haha - off to check on that lamb pot-pie now!! Another trip to the gym in the offing??
eh..nothing new yet ka? hmmmm...:D
wow..i love pancake..
Post a Comment