Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Sylvia's Mother

Received a text message late into the night last night from a good friend Sylvia that her mother was gravely ill. She called me this morning to let me know that her mom was out of ICU but not quite out of the woods just yet. She was one of the friends who kept in constant touch with me via phone/text messages when I was in KL with my mom. She told me that she could identify with how I felt at that time with my own mom and spent the days quite like we all did, close to tears and fearful of losing that oh, so important person in our lives. I pray that Sylvia remains strong and her mother pulls through, because with my own mom; even until the last we were holding on to that little bit of hope. But God had other plans for her and acceptance of that fact has made her passing easier to deal with, though no less painful. Our prayers & thoughts go out to Sylvia, her mom & family.

No comments: